Thursday, June 17, 2004

Beta 2 Out Tomorrow

No promises, but the second beta should be out tomorrow. You can get a sneak peak at the changes right now. Basically, a lot of fixes, no new features (but no new bugs hopefully). Localization kits will also be out with beta 2. I've tried to limit the number of nibs affected and I will provide a list of strings that have been changed and/or added to each localizer to aide them in their efforts. Hopefully the only major changes made after beta 2 is released will be adding localizations as they become available.

On a semi-related note, I'll be at WWDC this year. That is Apple's annual developer conference. I say semi-related because this means that the final release for 2.6 will probably have to wait until after the conference, however I will be contact the whole time and making any necessary fixes and updates. Hopefully by the time WWDC is over, I'll be ready to enter the Final Testing Phase of 2.6 where I basically do everything that I can think of to break the app. This is also known as the least enjoyable part of software development. :-)

So, more news tomorrow (if all goes well). It could be Friday though.