Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Beta Scheduling

Talking about betas, MacJournal 2.6 will be declared beta this week with some important fixes over the last alpha. If I had to guess, I'd say Thursday, but that's subject to anything that might pop up. At that point, I'll go through and prepare a localization package to send to all the localizers by this weekend so we can get that process started. I'm hoping to minimize the amount of things that will need to be relocalized, but we'll how successful I am at that. Localization is something that the Mac platform seems to excel in right now in general, but the facilities for updating existing localizations seem a bit bare. There's nibtool and not much else (from Apple, at least). I'm going to look into some of the third-party solutions and see what they offer in order to keep the amount of work to a minimum for the localizers.