I know I said beta 4 was the last, but other factors compelled me to release this. I also wanted to test out a new improvement to the saving mechanism to hopefully clear up some problems. MacJournal will now only save to disk only when needed. This helps in a few areas:
- Quit time will be improved if there is nothing to save.
- Auto-save will no longer writing the file to disk each time. This will improve performance in the application and allow the system to sleep the hard drive if you leave it running over night.
Please let me know if you experience any problems related to this.
Here are some of the other changes:
- Performance of the Font Face and Size toolbar items has been greatly improved.
- Fixed printing sizing; output should match that of TextEdit now.
- Option-click the forward and backward Browse buttons to use them like Safari-like history buttons.
- Updated Spanish localization
- Fixed hang with changing data locations in the preferences.
- Fixed dragging pictures into the Finder.
- Shift-tab works in the text area to get back to the topic field.
Other enhancements are noted in the Version History.
As always, install and use developmental software at your own risk! Be sure to back up your data before each new build just in case. Just for fun, MacJournal itself will back up your data with each new build that you install as well.
Please let me know of any problems that you have with this build as soon as possible.